When you own a home, one of the things that most homeowners try to achieve is a healthy lawn that can stay green all year long. Many homeowners are unaware of how to reach that goal because they do not know the essential nutrients their warm-season grasses need to flourish at all times of the year.
At North Eastern Tree, Shrub, & Lawn Care in Scarsdale, New York, our team can provide service to the residents of Scarsdale and the surrounding area. We are family-owned and have ISA-certified arborists on our staff, so you can rest assured that the popular services we offer will keep your entire lawn looking great.
For most homeowners, taking care of a beautiful lawn is a matter of mowing it and pulling weeds. Although those are two essential tasks that need to be completed, other services should also be done to ensure that your yard will not need lawn repairs and that the grass stays healthy.
From using slow-release granular fertilizer to testing the soil to find out what nutrients it lacks, the North Eastern Tree, Shrub, & Lawn Care team can help you maintain your lawn so that it is the envy of the neighborhood.
Professional Lawn Care in Scarsdale, NY
At North Eastern Tree, Shrub, & Lawn Care in Scarsdale, New York, our best lawn care team and certified arborists are well-aware of all the important activities that need to be done for a luscious lawn and healthy property.
We are proud to offer the following grass services to residential and commercial clients in the Scarsdale area:
- Weed control
- Lawn overseeding
- Lawn fertilization
- Organic-based lawn care
Suppose you are having problems with the tick, mosquito, or deer populations. In that case, our professional lawn care specialists can also provide services to eliminate those issues, so they do not ruin your grass.
Tips for A Lush Lawn: It Is More than Just Lawn Mowing!
If you are in search of ways to take care of your lawn, keep the weed population under control, and have the best of the lawns in your neighborhood, here are some of the top tips to follow:
- Get a soil test done: Conducting a soil test will give you the specific makeup of your lawn. It will tell you the pH level and the nutrients available on the lawn. That can be your guide to adding things to the soil through fertilizer and compost that will increase its health.
- Be sure your soil has the right calcium-to-magnesium ratio: If you notice a lot of weeds and not much grass to mow, your calcium-to-magnesium ratio may be off. You should have a 7 to 1 ratio so that the lawn can better absorb nitrogen, synthesize proteins, and eliminate the food source for weeds. High-calcium lime can help you.
- Use organic matter (compost) on the lawn: Utilize fully decomposed compost (it will have an earthy, slightly sweet smell) over your early-season grasses for the best benefits.
- Add fertilizer that meets the needs of your grass and stimulates root growth: Fertilizer can be a tricky component of your grass, but it is essential for grass growth. Be sure not to go crazy since excess fertilizer can be damaging.
- Eliminate weed species that can strangle roots during the growing season: Here’s your chance to get down and dirty in the soil – put up every weed you see! They can strangle a seeding and ruin your lawn at a steady pace.
- Get rid of crabgrass with the right lawn care products: Get herbicide and spread it once the outdoor temperature reaches and maintains a solid 56F. That will kill crabgrass before it has a chance to germinate.
- Complete mower maintenance: This has less to do with your actual lawn and more with your lawn care tools. Ensure you maintain your mower because proper maintenance will ensure the blades cut your grass cleanly. Ragged ends on the blades of grasses are just asking for disease to take over.
- Let the lawn get a little long in the growing season: To eliminate weed seeds and prevent evaporation, allow your grasses to grow to about 3 to 3.5 inches during the summer. Once the fall arrives, you can reduce the height of your lawn.
- Lay down sod in late spring when it is still cool: If you are starting your lawn from nothing, it is essential that you lay sod at the right time of the season. To ensure that the weather is still cool and grass can take root, lay down sod in April.
- Invest in the expert lawn care services from North Eastern Tree, Shrub, & Lawn Care: When you have a lawn care job that needs expertise and experience, contact our specialists to answer questions, give you additional information, and set up a lawn care schedule. That is the best way to have the healthiest lawn.
If you follow these tips, your lawn should be the envy of the neighborhood and provide you with the happiness you would expect from your yard.
Contact Our Lawn Fertilizer and Care Experts in Scarsdale, NY, and Surrounding Areas
At North Eastern Tree, Shrub, & Lawn Care, our team of lawn specialists has the experience, knowledge, and skills to help you improve your lawn and maintain its beauty. We know how important and valuable it is to homeowners to have a great-looking lawn all year long, and we strive to help you accomplish this goal.
Contact us today if you are interested in our expert lawn care services. We are happy to come to your location, assess your lawn’s needs, and work you into our schedule. Call now for additional information, price quotes, and more concerning grasses, shrubs, and trees in the Scarsdale, New York area. We can’t wait to see your lawn be vibrant and healthy!